A Dog's Life is the seventh episode of the second season.
Schemer finds Ginny's lost dog and gives it to the kids.
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- Billy Twofeathers
- Dan Jones
- Kara Cupper
- Ginny Johnson
- The Arcade Customer
- Mayor Flopdinger (mentioned)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- James (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Toby (mentioned)
- Henrietta (mentioned)
James is incredibly hostile and rude to Toby and Henrietta by calling them dirty objects, and he soon gets what he deserves when the foolish freight cars push him into a train of tar tankers, making him the dirty object.
Gordon gets dirty and soon understands what it means to be clean and sensable. Later, James has trouble climbing Gordon's hill because of the leaves on the rails, so Gordon has to help him.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Home on the Range
- This is the first appearance of Ginny.
- It is revealed that Mr. Conductor can speak to animals, just like his cousin before him.
- Richard Yearwood guest stars as the Customer in this episode. He would later be known to be the voice of Donkey Kong in the computer animated series Donkey Kong Country.
- Another version of the Jukebox Band's song in this episode was filmed, but was not used until Lullaby was produced and released.
- We learn that Ginny owns a West Highland White Terrier named Grainger.
- This episode marks another instance in which Schemer believes that the station is haunted.
- Starting off with this episode, Barbara Hamilton joins the cast.
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine getting dirty.