Field Day is the eighth episode of the second season.
The kids are part of a baseball team and Schemer is their coach, hence they are known as The Schemer Team since Schemer paid for the uniforms. Schemer sends Schemee to spy on the opposing team, The Snarleyville Slashers.
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- Billy Twofeathers
- Dan Jones
- Kara Cupper
- Matthew Jones
- Tanya Cupper
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Bertie (mentioned)
- Harold (mentioned)
Harold is a helicopter. He thinks railroads are not much use and quite out of date. Percy has something to say to that. Percy with his stone cars makes the trip in record time and beats the helicopter on his old branch line.
Thomas meets a bus named Bertie. Bertie is helping Thomas with his passengers but Thomas doesn’t want his help. Thomas claims he is faster and Bertie challenges him to a race. At first Bertie seems to have the upper hand, but once Thomas reaches his top speed Bertie is left in the dust. Steam Engine and bus become friends after the race.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Cartoons and Songs
- Everyone's a Winner
- Cartoons used in the song:
- This episode marked the final appearances of Matt Jones and Tanya Cupper.
- When Mr. Conductor addresses the kids sitting on the floor, the back of his jersey reads "333" which is in fact his conductor number.
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine racing a non-rail character.
- Starting with this episode and for the rest of the second season, Ari Magder's and Brian O'Connor's credits are rearranged to be in alphabetical order with the other cast members for the opening credits.
- Mr. Conductor tells both stories to Matt, Tanya, Dan, Becky and Kara in this episode.