Is Anybody There? is the seventeenth episode of the second season.
Schemer does a radio show, but is totally unprepared.
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- Billy Twofeathers
- Dan Jones
- Kara Cupper
- Mayor Flopdinger
- Felix Perez
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Song Segment
- Chattanooga Choo Choo
- This is the second episode where the jukebox gets overflowed with nickels. The first time was in Double Trouble.
- It is revealed that Mayor Flopdinger has a wife named Twilene.
- In the Nick Jr. version, the story Thomas Goes Fishing is cut out.
- Schemer broadcasts his show on Station WOWOW, "the echo of the Valley."
- The Magic Bubble sequence uses a clip from "The Philips Broadcast of 1938," a Puppetoon produced by George Pal.
- The scene right after the Magic Bubble sequence where Mr. Conductor announces that he's off to the Yacht Club, was occasionally edited for time by certain networks.
- As Shining Time Station is set in the United States, the sounds of passing trains usually sound like American steam engine whistles. In this episode however, a passing train sounds like a two-tone diesel horn like those more often heard in the United Kingdom.
- The radio seen at the beginning of this episode is an RCA Victor A-20 "Globetrotter" 1940 model built in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine wanting something but got something else instead.
- This is the third time the episode's title asks a question, with the first being Does It Bite? and the second being Is This the End?.