Lady was chased and wrecked by Diesel 10 long ago and was taken to the safety of Muffle Mountain by Burnett Stone. She was later brought back to life with the help of Burnett's granddaughter Lily after being stored at Muffle Mountain for years, and helped Thomas defeat Diesel 10.
Lady is painted red-purple with gold head lamps on the front footplate, tail lamp, gold buffers, smokebox, funnel top, dome and whistles, side rods, lining and her name on each side in gold. She is also painted a very dark purple on her cab roof, lower funnel section and her footplate.
Lady doesn't seem to be based on any real locomotive prototype, but it has been suggested that she bears some resemblance to a K&SER Northiam with the rear cab cut off and an enlarged chimney. She is said to be based on "Lively Polly", owned by the Liverpool Overhead Railway Company. She may also be slightly based on a LSWR 0-4-0 locomotive and the GWR 101 Class.
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad was the only film Lady made an appearance until returning in the 2005 Thomas and Friends HiT Entertainment special, "Calling All Engines!" in Thomas' dream.
- In the original Director's Cut of Thomas and the Magic Railroad, it turned out that P. T. Boomer was the real villain that wrecked Lady in the story as he was jealous of both Burnett and his wife Tasha. Diesel 10 was originally a second handed villain.
- Lady on the other hand was to not have a speaking role in the original script and can only be understood "telepathically" by Thomas when he was on Muffle Mountain.
- Britt Allcroft later on was given lines to voice Lady to help smooth over the cuts from the movie.
- Lady's face can only appear when she's on Sodor and the Magic Railroad, but not at Shining Time.
- "With your help!"- (original workprint)
- "So, Burnett, you didn't forget about magic. It's safe inside you."
- "I hope so!"
- "I think you will soon."
- "Now, Lily!"
- "...and helping each other brings to life the magic in all of us."
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad
Please visit the Thomas the Tank Engine wiki, upon which Shining Time Station is based.