Merrie Melodies is a series of animated comedy cartoons produced by Warner Bros. between 1931 and 1969. Merrie Melodies is best known for creating The Looney Tunes characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig amoung other famous characters. Merrie Melodies was another cartoon series considered to be one of the big competiors of animation at the time due the populartiy of The Looney Tunes cartoons.
Some of the cartoons are copyrighted, espically those with the Looney Tunes characters, while others are in the Public Domain like the earlier cartoons, which allowed Shining Time Station to use some of the cartoons.
List of cartoons used in Shining Time Station:
- Have You Got Any Castles? (1938) (used in Scare Dares)
- Hamateur Night (1939) (used in The Joke's on Schemer)
- Robin Hood Makes Good (1939) (used in Mysterious Stranger)
- Prest-O Change-O (1939) (used in The Joke's on Schemer)
- Sport Chumpions (1941) (used in Field Day)
- Wackiki Wabbit (1943) (used in The Joke's on Schemer)
- Inki And The Minah Bird (1943) (used in Scare Dares)