While Billy and the kids are outside listening to Stacy's speech on freedom, Schemer and Schemee go on a secret mission and turn the station upside down to look for gold. Schemee vacuums up Mr. Conductor's magic dust and he cannot disappear anymore.
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- Billy Twofeathers
- Dan Jones
- Kara Cupper
- Mayor Flopdinger
- One Man Band (cameo)
- Oliver (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Segment Songs
- New River Train [with Tubby and his Totally Tubular Band]
- Patriotic Medley with four Independence Day songs
- Yankee Doodle [performed by Didi]
- Dixie [performed by Tex & Rex]
- I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy [performed by Tito]
- America the Beautiful [performed by Grace and the Jukebox Band]
- John Henry (replacing the patriotic medley in some international airings)
- This is the first time a member of the Conductor Family (Mr. Conductor) runs out of gold dust. The only other times were in One of the Family and Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- The one-man band, Washboard Hank, who previously appeared in the Season 2 episode, "All's Fair," makes a return appearance in the opening scene.
- In some international airings, the song "Patriotic Medley" is replaced with "John Henry," reused from the Season 2 episode, "Crackpot," possibly due to a lot of American references being used in "Patriotic Medley" and the fact that Independence Day, the holiday this episode is based on, is celebrated exclusively in the United States and its territories.
- At the end of this episode, when Stacy finished her speech of freedom, an instrumental version of My Country 'Tis of Thee, the de-facto national anthem of the United States, plays and uses the same tune as God Save the Queen, the British national anthem, which would also play instrumentally at the end of the Thomas & Friends episode, Paint Pots and Queens/Thomas Meets the Queen.
- This is the first and only time we see Schemer and Schemee see Mr. Conductor (although not in clear view).
- This was the last episode to have one appearance of a Thomas story, before some Season 1 stories were repeated (re-narrated by George Carlin), starting with the next episode, Stacy Forgets Her Name.
- In the Fox Family Version: