Neil Crone (born on May 29, 1960 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian actor who provided voices for some of the characters in Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
Improvisation partners Neil Crone and Kevin Frank had originally auditioned to voice the trucks. Crone was given the role of Diesel 10 when Britt Allcroft and the producers heard him doing a Russian accent whilst fooling around during the recording of the trucks' lines. The Russian accent was eventually dropped after test audiences claimed that it would be offensive and it was changed to a New Jersey accent in the final version. While fooling around, Frank and Crone were asked to try out for some of the other characters.
Besides voicing many of the characters, Neil Crone and Kevin Frank were also asked to add more comedy to the script. It was Neil Crone's idea to name Diesel 10's claw "Pinchy".
He has also appeared in the Canadian sitcom "Really Me" and "Little Mosque on the Praire..
- He worked on "The Magic School Bus" with Chantellese Kent, Erica Luttrell and Elizabeth Hanna.
- He, Susan Roman and Linda Ballantyne all had roles in "Care Bears: Journey to to Joke a Lot".
- He and Jayne Eastwood both had roles in the 2007 film, "Hairspray".
- He, Jayne Eastwood, Tom Jackson and Peter Wildman all had roles in the TV series, "Little Mosque on the Prairie".
- He, Laura Bower and Judy Marshak all worked on "Odd Squad".
- He, Jayne Eastwood, Jayne Harris Schipper, Rick Siggelkow, Julia Weinstein, Jill Golick, Stacey Hersh, Brian McConnachie, Peter Wildman and Wayne Moss all worked on "Noddy".
- He, Jayne Eastwood, Erica Luttrell, Jared Wall, Bucky Hill, Andrew Sardella, Eric Fink, Michael Polley and Colin Fox all had roles in "Goosebumps".
- He, Richard McMillan, Peter Wildman, Marium Carvell, and David Hewlett all had roles in "Murdoch Mysteries". Steve Wright also directed episodes for the show.
- He and Jim Corston both worked on "Really Me".