As the queen and the prince were traveling on a train, two thieves detached their train coach. The royal family accidentally ended up at Shining Time Station. Nobody knew that the queen was a real one. The queen also brought her jewelry in the station, but forgot them when she went to Ginny's house for tea. It was Schemer who found the jewelry and he decided to keep it for himself. Meanwhile, the prince met Becky, Kara, and Kit and became friends with them. He was very happy because he got the chance to hang out with ordinary people, a wish that he always wanted to fulfill. The next day, it was the talent show at Shining Time Station. The kids performed a play, while Schemer showed his singing talents by chanting the song "My Queen!" The two thieves suddenly interrupted the show and began to chase after the queen and Schemer in order to rob the jewels. Schemer and the queen escaped on a motorcycle while the thieves chased them on Ginny's truck. The thieves were later stopped by J.B. King and Stacy Jones.
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- J.B. King
- Ginny Johnson
- Midge Smoot
- Kara Cupper
- Kit Twofeathers
- Felix Perez
- The Queen
- Prince Michael
- Biff and Bull
- Tito Swing
- Tex and Rex
- Billy Twofeathers (mentioned)
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Edward (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- James (memtioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Toby (mentioned)
- Bulstrode (mentioned)
- Gordon and Thomas head home after Thomas’ accident down the mine, and learn upon their arrival that the Queen will be paying a visit in due course. The engines debate as to who will pull the royal train, but Henry is convinced that he is the favoured candidate. But when Henry’s smoke causes a painter to drip a can of white paint onto his boiler, Sir Topham Hatt soon changes his mind. Gordon and Thomas make up for their behavior in preparation for the Queen’s arrival and Gordon ends up pulling the Royal Train.
- Toby is called take part in the seaside parade as a ‘special attraction, but is sad to find that he is no longer needed when he finally arrives. Meanwhile Percy is summoned to the harbour to sort out a problem, arriving to find the cars arguing with an arrogant barge called Bulstrode. Percy sorts out the cargo before there are any further delays, but the cars get back at Bulstrode when they are accidentally pushed them through the buffers, landing in his haul. Later, Toby and Percy decide that they are both special attractions whilst Bulstrode is towed away to begin a new life as a children’s climbing frame.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- The Lovely Ohio
- Greensleeves/Scarborough Fair
- Mrs. Murphy's Chowder
- This is the last episode of Shining Time Station and it's characters. While the station's interior set would be used in the spin-off series, Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales, the only performer from the original cast to appear would be George Carlin as Mr. Conductor, along with his pets.
- Schemer sings a few notes of "King of the Forest" from the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz" when he tries the Queen's jewels.
- Jeannette Charles (The Queen) is a Queen Elizabeth II look-alike actress. Though the episode never explicitly states who the Queen is, it can be assumed that it is the current (at the time of writing) Queen Elizabeth II of England. Prince Michael (Mickey) is a fictional character, but could have some basis in the Queen's real grandchildren, Prince William and Prince Harry. Jeannette Charles interview can be found here.
- Though included in the opening credits, neither Tom Jackson (Billy Twofeathers) or Ari Magder (Dan Jones) appear in this episode.
- The exterior scenes were taped mostly around Tottenham, Ontario, Canada. The coaches and diesel shunter are from the South Simcoe Railway.
- The locomotive Stacy and Mr. King used to catch Biff and Bull is the same one from Billy's Party.
- "Thomas Meets the Queen" was given the UK title, "Paint Pots and Queens", in the end credits.