The Joke's on Schemer is the seventeenth episode of the third season.
It is the day before Schemer's favorite holiday, April Fool's Day, and the kids know it. They dread Schemer's pranks, so they decide to play a trick on him. They tear a page off Stacy's calendar so that it reads April 1st. Schemer walks in and sees this, exclaiming that everyone is going to be out to get him. So he rigs up a bunch of pranks, including whoopie cushions, chattering teeth, and lining the entrance to the arcade with glue. However, everyone thinks that Schemer is even weirder than usual and it just so happens that Mr. King is coming so Schemer can renew his arcade lease. It would have worked out, but Schemer regarded the whole thing as a big joke and shredded the lease. Soon Schemer discovers the kids' prank, just as some movers start packing up the arcade machines. Stacy tells the kids to talk to JB King about this!
- Mr. Conductor
- Stacy Jones
- Dan Jones
- Kara Cupper
- J.B. King
- Ginny Johnson
- Felix Perez
- A Passenger
- Edward (mentioned)
- Gordon (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- This Old Man
Cartoons and Songs
- Laugh and a Half
- Cartoons used in the song:
- Merrie Melodies - Hamateur Night (1939)
- Merrie Melodies - Prest-O Change-O (1939)
- Gulliver's Travels (1939)
- Merrie Melodies - Wackiki Wabbit (1943)
- Noveltoons - The Stupidstitious Cat (1947)
- Noveltoons - The Wee Men (1947)
- In the Nick Jr. version, the song Laugh and a Half is edited out.
- In the Nick Jr. version, the scene where Schemer thinks Ginny has "fake" tomatoes and trying to use his buzzer is also edited out.
- Despite being listed in the opening credits, Tom Jackson (Billy Twofeathers) does not appear in this episode.
- "Wrong Road" would be the last story from Series 2 of Thomas the Tank Engine to make its American TV debut on Shining Time Station.
- Mr. Conductor's Polo team is named "Britches" for whom he wears jersey #3.
- J.B. King's telephone voice during his conversation with Stacy is actually sped-up audio from a scene with Stacy and Harry from Promises, Promises.
- Becky says that Gordon's conductor was to blame for causing the mix-up at the station in "Wrong Road," but the one to blame was actually Gordon's fireman.