What Am I Afraid Of is the song used in the Season 2 episode, Scare Dares, shown through The Anything Tunnel. Mr. Conductor introduced the song as a means to help Dan Jones look for a Halloween costume, telling him that "Ideas have a way of coming from places where you least expect them". The song was written and composed by David Shire.
There are squeaky things who have creaky things who would love to sneak up behind me
There are ghosts I know who where ever I go, if they wanted they'd quickly find me
But my dad he said "they're inside my head! and my fears are gonna fade!"
So what am I afraid of? What am I afraid of?
There are kids at school who are kind of cruel, they just love to tease and dare me
But I take their dares take 'em anywheres, and pretend their dares don't scare me
If I just refuse not alot I'd lose, they're not even kids in my grade!
So what am I afraid of? What am I afraid of
I'm not afraid of thunder storms in the spring, that's kind of lucky
I'm not afraid of garden snakes, though alot of kids think they're yucky
I'm not afraid of hornets nests or english tests or household pests
But some things you'd walk right by, make me feel I'm gonna cry
There are times I think if I just don't blink, when those other kids tease and taunt me
If I simply can show I'm my own man, they can try but they'll never daunt me
Yes they'll eat their words, I'll show all those nerds of what stuff I'm really made
So what am I afraid of? What am I afraid of? Maybe am I afraid of
Only being afraid.
Cartoons used in the song
- ComicColor Cartoons - Jack Frost (1934)
- ComiColor Cartoons - Balloon Land (1935)
- ComiColor Cartoons - Summertime (1935)
- Felix The Cat - Bold King Cole (1936)
- Happy Harmonies - To Spring (1936)
- Color Classics - Play Safe (1936)
- Merrie Melodies - Have You Got Any Castles? (1938)
- Merrie Melodies - Inki And The Minah Bird (1943)
- Casper The Friendly Ghost - There's Good Boos Tonight (1948)
- Popeye The Sailor - Fright to the Finish (1954)
- Casper The Friendly Ghost - Spooking About Africa (1957)